Who doesn't love a scotch egg? What about a biltong scotch egg? What's that? You've never tried one? Well thanks to @yorkshiregal_foodie you can whip some up in a flash.
For more recipes be sure to check out our biltong recipe collection her or to buy biltong visit our store.
Tawnie Clayton (@yorkshiregal_foodie) says 'Ember biltong gives scotch eggs that next level of flavour that everyone needs in their life!'
That is one high protein snack.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
- 4 eggs + 1 beaten egg for adding the breadcrumbs
- 60g Ember Biltong
- 6 chicken sausages (remove the skin)
- Plain flour (for rolling the eggs in)
- Boil your eggs for 8 minutes
- Let the egg cool whilst you add the biltong to your sausage meat
- Mix the sausage meat and biltong together and divide into two halves
- Pat each half with flour on both sides
- Remove the shells from the boiled eggs and roll them in flour
- Add the sausage meat and biltong mix around the egg
- Dip the egg in the beaten egg mixture and then cover with breadcrumbs
- Oven bake for 40 minutes on 200C or until golden
Perfect for a picnic or to go with a nice cold beer. Enjoy!