Ok so let's be honest. Salads are not the most exciting dish in the world. Sometimes there's not much to them except a few leaves of lettuce and a tomato here and there (and don't get us started on the lack of protein). So we thought we'd up our salad game whilst adding some essential protein to the mix. And here it is guys, the Ember Biltong Salad.
For more recipes be sure to check out our biltong recipe collection or to buy biltong, visit our store.
Prep time: 15 mins
- 60g Ember Biltong
- 200g yellow and red plum tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber
- 8 black olives
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 50g feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes and black olives in half, slice up the cucumber and avocado. Then combine in a bowl
- Now make the dressing. Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with a squeeze of lemon and season with salt and pepper
- Add the rocket, biltong and dressing and mix well
- Divide the salad across two plates and sprinkle the feta on top
It's salad heaven!
Food styling: @megandaviesfood