It's getting colder, we're craving some delicious comfort food so we thought we'd whip up an Ember style Nasi Goreng to give us that warming feeling. And don't worry we've made it into a super quick, throw in the pan, recipe (we have little patience when it comes to delicious food).
Thank you to @attenuate_my_weight for the mouth watering photo.
For more recipes be sure to check out our biltong recipe collection.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- Olive oil
- 1 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- Kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce, if you can't find in the shops you can make it yourself with 100ml soy sauce, 100ml brown sugar and 50ml water)
- 1 garlic clove (finely diced)
- 1/2 red chilli (finely diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 250g cooked white rice
- 2 eggs (fried)
- 1 pack of Ember Biltong (about 30g)
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in large pan or wok on a high heat
- Add the garlic and chilli and give it a stir
- Add the onion and ginger and cook for 1 minute
- Add the chicken, cook until it is mostly white, then add 1 tbsp of kecap manis and cook until chicken is mostly cooked through
- Add the rice, 1tbsp kecap manis and stir continuously for 2 minutes until the sauce evaporates and the rice starts to caramalise
- Serve topped with a fried egg and sprinkle over the biltong.