Only have 15 mins to spare for a quick snack in between your zoom meetings? Well, that’s more than enough time to whip up these delicious Ember Original Biltong pizza slices by Abbigail Cooper (@abbigail_eats).
This one definitely hits top marks for a quick, easy, and tasty high protein snack.
For more recipes, check out our biltong recipe collection.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Makes 2 - 4 slices
14g Ember Original Biltong, 7g per slice
- 2 tbsps Tomato purée or sauce per slice
- 80g Cheddar cheese slices or grated, 40g per slice
- 10g Blue cheese, 5g per slice
- Sprinkle of mixed chilli flakes
1 pack of Original Biltong can make 4 slices but this recipe only uses half a pack for 2 slices to serve 1 person.
- Slice a sourdough loaf and toast them slightly under the grill or in a toaster
- Spread the tomato purée or sauce (or even tomato ketchup) on top of your slightly toasted sourdough
- Add in your grated or sliced cheddar cheese
- Pop in the grill or toaster until the cheese starts to melt (be careful to not let it fully melt or burn)
- Once it’s starting to melt take it out of the grill and top with your favourite biltong and small bits of blue cheese and chilli flakes
- Pop back under the grill for a further 5-10 seconds until nicely melted and warm
- Serve and enjoy with a side dip of your choice