These snacks may look bite sized but they are absolutely packed with flavour. Hats off to Marina (@chefmarinie) for coming up with this tasty flavour combo of venison slices, cream cheese, and chimichurri for some zesty freshness. Good thing it only takes less than 15 mins to make because you’ll definitely be asking for more.
Marina says, “These are perfect as appetisers for parties or pre-dinner snacks (because we all love our snacks)”
For more tasty recipes, check our recipes collection.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 30 slices of Venison Slices (2-3 slices per crostini)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 15g fresh parsley, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 spring onions, green parts only (plus extra for garnishing)
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 15ml garlic infused oil
- 5ml red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp chilli flakes
- 30g butter
- 50g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan. Slice up the ciabatta rolls into 1 inch pieces. Place all the pieces onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes
- Blend up the fresh parsley, spring onions, lime juice, red wine vinegar, chilli flakes, garlic infused oil and salt for about a minute.
- Once the ciabatta pieces are lightly golden and crunchy, take out of the oven and butter each piece. Then liberally add the cream cheese, layer with the venison and top with the chimichurri
- Garnish with fresh parsley and chopped spring onions