Who could possibly resist this recipe by Matt (@my_plates_or_yours)? Melty cheesy goodness paired with smoky Lean Salami that’s ready in minutes? This is something you should definitely try at home.
Matt says, “Smoky paprika salami slices are delicious straight out of the bag and also great for cooking”
For more tasty recipes, check our recipes collection.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 100g Smoked Paprika Lean Salami (or more if you like)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Cream or milk
- 100g Cream cheese
- 150g Taleggio cheese, cubed
- 1 Red onion
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 150g purple sprouting broccoli or similar green veg
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- A few tbsp quality olive oil
- Halve the red onion and slice about 0.5cm thick so you get half rings. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Fry the onion gently for 15 mins stirring frequently. Add a dash of water if catching. When completely soft add the maple syrup, cook for 5 mins until sticky.
- Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for 3 mins then plunge in cold water to stop cooking and drain. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then add the cream and scoop in the cream cheese using a tea spoon, mix but leave some lumps. Fold in the cheese and salami slices. Add seasoning and the paprika. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic, finely slice the red chilli pepper and halve the cherry tomatoes. Use a non-stick frying pan about 20cm across which is oven proof for the frittata. Warm over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil and add the garlic, then after a couple of mins add the chilli and tomatoes. Cook for another 2 mins.
- Add the broccoli to the frying pan spreading it out over the base. Pour over the egg mixture and use a wooden spoon to distribute the cheese and salami fairly evenly. Spoon over the caramelised onion pushing it in a little to the egg. Top with a few extra salami slices. Turn the heat to medium low and cook for about 10 mins - it should be bubbling gently around the sides. When it only wobbles a bit in the centre, transfer to a hot grill/oven and cook for about 5 mins until the top is puffed up and browned.