A salad bowl that’s packed full of flavour? This recipe by Matt (@my_plates_or_yours
) is definitely spot on. Garlicky, crispy croutons, crunchy bitter leaves and sweet & sour dressing - made even more delicious with rich Venison slices
Matt says, “Ember only uses high welfare meat in their products. I also like that they’ve reduced the fat content by adding quinoa. They taste fantastic on their own but the venison slices work so well in this salad.”
For more tasty recipes, check our recipes collection.
Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 5 minsServes 1Ingredients: Salad
- 2 handfuls of Venison Slices
- Mixed herb salad leaves
- 1 red chicory, leaves separated
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cooked beetroot, sliced and seasoned with a pinch of salt
- 2 large slices of stale bread (or sourdough)
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate molasses (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in an old jam jar or whisk together in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and fry gently till golden. Remove with a spoon and set aside.
- Add the bread, torn into rough chunks and a good pinch of sea salt. Toss the bread in the oil and fry gently for 5 mins, tossing occasionally.
- Layer the leaves in a bowl with the beetroot, tomatoes, the bread chunks and venison slices. Keep adding layers until you’ve used up all the ingredients. Sprinkle the top with crispy garlic slices.
- Drizzle over the dressing and finish with some pomegranate molasses.