Big shout out to Claire Hendry (@hitchinfoodie) for this steamy noodle recipe with Ember chilli biltong for an even bigger punch of flavour. She says, "I am a big fan of Asian food, so when I got my hands on some wonderful Ember chilli biltong, I couldn't resist making a big bowl of hearty Asian, noodle broth. Ember's chilli biltong is so flavoursome and with that spicy kick, went perfectly with the strong Asian flavours! A perfect winter warmer!"
For the best biltong uk recipes, check out our biltong recipe guide.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Vermicelli noodles (1 nest per person)
- 1-2 sachets miso soup
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsps mirin
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Fresh chilli, sliced or 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 piece fresh ginger (approx. 1 inch), thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Ember chilli biltong
- Empty miso sachets into pan, with 600ml boiling water, together with all the broth ingredients.
- Bring back to the boil, then simmer for at least, 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then put noodles into the bottom of a large ramen or soup bowl.
- Pour the broth (with the tomatoes and mushrooms) over the noodles.
- Place all the toppings on top of the noodles.